Agile APQP Overview
Agile APQP Overview
Register for courses 30 days in advance and get 5% off this priceNote:Pricing is dependent on location and may vary.
Course Duration: 1 Day - 8 Hours/day
Agile APQP transforms traditional Product Development methods to reduce your development time and meet customer requirements and expectations with confidence.
Agile APQP changes the way new product development (NPD) and Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) is done to ensure PPAP deliverables are approved much earlier and with full confidence of customer acceptance.
Customer expectations for cost reductions and reduced product development lead times are quickly becoming the top measures of overall APQP satisfaction. Is your organization aligned with your customers’ expectations for faster PPAP approvals and flawless launches?
By deploying Agile APQP (sprint) methods, your organization will reduce the risk of a rejected PPAP and moreover save the money and grief of repeated product design revisions and process changes.
When Lean Product Development integrates with Agile APQP Scrum (sprint) teams, the overall result is significantly shorter development cycles and reduced risk of a late stage PPAP rejection. For more information see our Lean Agile courses.
· Learn the power of Agile APQP workflows and the sprints that deliver PPAP requirements, test results, and approved products meeting customers’ requirements at an unprecedented pace, driving innovation.
· Learn the benefits of Agile APQP over the traditional waterfall APQP approach.
· Understand how these methodologies reduce the overall time to market for new products.
· Understand the benefit of making solid trade-off decisions by knowing when to delay certain designs while pulling ahead others and how that can speed up your product development process.
· Understand how short, iterative learning cycles reduce the risk of project failure and design loop backs.
In-A-Day Agile APQP Overview
· Introducing the Agile APQP methodology
· Describes the Agile APQP workflow
· Defines the (3) key roles
· Identifies the APQP work products as PPAP deliverables
· Specifies Agile APQP events (5), with a focus on Sprints
· Introduce the Scrumban hybrid method for teams
· Introduce Agile APQP metrics
· Provides a walk through exercise to experience Agile APQP for a single Engineering Change Request Sprint
Senior Management, Chief Engineers, Product Engineers and Designers, Manufacturing Engineers, APQP team members, and individuals with direct responsibility for introducing new products, leading continuous improvement, and innovation will benefit from this seminar.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual including breakout exercises and related materials.
· Basic understanding of APQP and PPAP manuals
· Some exposure to the NPD process
· Some exposure to Agile methods (e.g., Scrum or Kanban)
· Leadership responsibility as a Change Agent