Agile Automotive SPICE Training for Project Team
Agile Automotive SPICE Training
Course Duration: 2 Days - 8 Hours/day
Product development as the innovation engine for growth and sustainability. Software and hardware solutions are becoming increasingly complex and sophisticated. Product development cycles are getting shorter and shorter. Having stable and provable development processes has become critical to sustainability. Suppliers must demonstrate confidence in these abilities to their customer or face the risk of losing future contracts or being forced into less profitable orders. In the automotive industry this has led to the rapid adoption of Automotive SPICE (ASPICE) as the common development framework by automotive OEMs. ASPICE provides the structure (the what) for designing and assessing the development processes for software and hardware systems. Agile product development techniques are proven tools and methods (the how) for teams to work efficiently and effectively in a collaborative environment. Agile ASPICE bring the what and the how together in a powerful product development process.
This two-day seminar will provide participants with an in depth understanding for Agile ASPICE project team members for automotive applications within Automotive SPICE PAM3.1 covering system engineering and software engineering (the red outlined boxes in the below ASPICE V-Model).
Combining Agile with SPICE leads to accelerated time to market launches with less risk, fewer design loop backs, and greater confidence that product decisions made during development meet customer requirements.
Students will learn how Agile methods align with the ASPICE framework and how together they can deliver successful new products in a third the time vs. traditional waterfall methods
Consumers are demanding more innovation faster. And product designers need to stay ahead of this, and their competition. Efficient, stable development processes are needed in order to deliver this with confidence. Products that take multiple years to develop risk being obsolete before they enter the marketplace.
- Learn how Agile techniques works within the ASPICE framework to deliver customer requirements, test results, and system solutions at an unprecedented pace.
- Learn the benefits of Agile and ASPICE over the traditional waterfall development approach.
- Understand how Agile and ASPICE work together to reduce rework and simplify configuration management.
- Understand how short, incremental product development cycles within a structure framework reduce the risk of project failure and design loop backs.
- Understand the role of the Agile Scrum Master within the ASPICE product development framework.
Day 1 — Understanding Agile
- Agile workflow
- Work products
- Events and Sprints in the V-Model
- Agile ASPICE Team Members roles & responsibilities
- Agile and the ASPICE Framework
Day 2 — Understanding Automotive SPICE
- Definition, History, Structure, Key Concepts
- System Engineering Requirements
- Software Engineering Requirements
- Project Management
- Capability Levels 1, 2, 3 (Agile @Scale) — Integration of ASPICE with Agile
- The integrated Agile ASPICE Model
- Workflow and Framework
- Communication and Collaboration on the teams
- Implementation Considerations
Who Should Attend
Product Development team members including: Systems and Software Engineers and Developers, and Program Managers will benefit from this seminar.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual including breakout exercises and related materials.
Note: Omnex does not provide copies of standard(s) during training courses, but clients are encouraged to have their own copy.
- Exposure to software, hardware, and systems development
- Exposure to Automotive SPICE
- Exposure to Agile methods (e.g. Scrum)