Agile APQP with Lean Product Development Overview
Agile APQP with Lean Product Development Overview Training
Register for courses 30 days in advance and get 5% off this priceNote:Pricing is dependent on location and may vary.
Course Duration: 2 Days - 8 Hours/day
This two-day seminar is designed to provide participants with an in depth understanding of how Agile APQP integrates Lean Product Development tools to provide organizations with hyper-accelerated time to market launches with less risk, fewer design loop backs, and greater confidence that product decisions made during development meet customer requirements.
Students will be taught how to deliver successful new products in about a third the time it takes for traditional waterfall product development methods by using Agile APQP workflows and Lean Product Development knowledge gap tools. Students will learn how Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements are met using this proven and innovative approach.
With consumers around the globe demanding more innovative products be released faster, product designers need to stay ahead of these expectations and their competition. More today than ever, products that take multiple years to develop run the risk of being obsolete before they enter the marketplace.
When Lean Product Development integrates with Agile APQP sprint teams the result is significantly shorter development cycle times and reduced new product introduction risk.
- Learn the power of Agile APQP workflows and the sprints that deliver PPAP requirements, test results, and approved products meeting customers’ requirements at an unprecedented pace.
- Learn the benefits of Agile APQP over the traditional waterfall APQP approach.
- Understand the concepts and benefits of the Lean Product Development model.
- Recognize how Lean Product Development and Agile APQP sprints seamlessly integrate with each other.
- Understand how these methodologies reduce the overall time to market for new products.
- Learn how to benefit from making solid trade-off decisions by knowing when to delay certain designs while pulling ahead others and how that can speed up your product development process.
- Understand how short, iterative learning cycles reduce the risk of project failure and design loop backs.
Day 1 - Agile APQP with Case Study
- APQP Inputs & Outputs – Quick Primer
- Agile APQP Introduction: Agile APQP Workflow and Artifact
- Agile APQP Roles
- Agile APQP Metrics
- Preparing for Agile APQP: Organizational Considerations
- Agile APQP@Scale Introduction
Day 2 - Lean Product Development with Case Study
- APQP and Phase I Planning: Conducting a DRBFM
- What are Lean PD Knowledge Gaps?
- Understanding Trade Off Curves
- LAMDA Learning Cycles
- Decision Based Scheduling
- K Briefs
- Integrating Events
- Knowledge Reuse and Continuous Improvement
Senior Management, Chief Engineers, Product Engineers and Designers, Manufacturing Engineers, APQP team members, and individuals with direct responsibility for introducing new products, leading continuous improvement, and innovation will benefit from this seminar.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual including breakout exercises and related materials.
- Basic understanding of APQP and PPAP manuals
- Some exposure to the NPD process
- Agile APQP workflow