SAE J3061, ISO 21434:2020, and Related Standards: Automotive Cybersecurity Executive Overview
SAE J3061, ISO 21434:2020, and Related Standards: Automotive Cybersecurity Executive Overview - Virtual Training
Register for courses 60 days in advance and get 10% off this price.
Register for courses 30 days in advance and get 5% off this priceNote:Pricing is dependent on location and may vary.
Course Duration: 1 Day
This one-day course will give the participant the base knowledge necessary for management teams involved in the development and assurance of automotive cybersecurity of new products utilizing electrical and electronic elements through the use of the ISO/SAE 21434 Cybersecurity Management System standard. This standard is an adaptation of several frameworks and related standards for the specifics of automotive electric/electronic systems. It is to be applied to Cybersecurity Related Systems that include electric/electronic systems that are installed in production passenger vehicles. An overview of ISO 27001, United Nations (UN) regulation WP.29, and VDA ACMS (Automotive Cybersecurity Management System) will also be provided.
- Identify the purpose and scope of ISO 21434, ISO 27001, WP.29, and VDA ACMS.
- Describe the framework of the ISO 21434 standard
- Enumerate the 14 parts of the standard
- Identify the influences and drivers of the standard
- Be able to interpret ISO 21434 CAL tables
- Understand key aspects of cybersecurity management
- Identify the requirements for the organization after the release of the design to serial production
- Describe the impact of ISO 21434 on production and operational activities
- Enumerate the requirements of ISO 26262 which support the design and development activities for automotive cybersecurity
- Describe the requirements for distributed development
- Organize the development of a CSooC consistent with
- ISO 21434
- Describe the item definition and initiate the safety lifecycle
- Understand the development of the Threat analysis and risk assessment and the related cybersecurity goals including the cybersecurity concept and the refined cybersecurity design.
- Introduction and Overview to SAE J3061, ISO 21434, ISO 27001, WP.29, and VDA ACMS.
- ISO 21434 Purpose, Scope and Framework
- Overall Cybersecurity Management (Clause 5)
- Cybersecurity Governance
- Cybersecurity Culture
- Cybersecurity Risk Management
- Cybersecurity Audit
- Information sharing
- Confirmation Measures
- Project Dependent Cybersecurity Management (Clause 6)
- Tailoring of Cybersecurity Activities
- System or Component out of Context
- Cybersecurity Planning
- Cybersecurity Case
- Post-Development Phases (Clauses 10-13)
- Production, Operation, Maintenance, and Decommissioning
- Concept Phase (Clause 8)
- Cybersecurity Relevance
- Item Definition
- Threat Analysis and Risk Assessment (TARA)
- Cybersecurity Concept
- Product Development (Clause 9.1)
- Introduction to Design & Verification
- Refined Cybersecurity Design
- The Need for Cybersecurity and Getting Started
Note: The materials will include SAE J3061 content as applicable.
This course is designed for executive management.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual including case studies.
Attendees should have a working knowledge of their organization’s New Product Development Process.