ISO 26262:2018 Functional Safety Core Tools: DFMEAs for Monitoring and System Response
ISO 26262:2018 Functional Safety Core Tools: DFMEAs for Monitoring and System Response - Virtual Training
Register for courses 60 days in advance and get 10% off this price.
Register for courses 30 days in advance and get 5% off this priceNote:Pricing is dependent on location and may vary.
Course Duration: 1 Day
This one-day overview addresses the use of FMEA-MSR which is to be used to supplement the DFMEA by analyzing the effectiveness of diagnostic monitoring and system response in maintaining functional safety.
This part of the VDA AIAG FMEA handbook and the approaches discussed and employed in this course are consistent with ISO 26262, which is the Functional Safety standard that is applied to Safety Related Systems that include electric/electronic systems installed in production passenger vehicles.
- Understand the use of the supplemental FMEA for monitoring and response, potential failures which might occur under customer operating conditions are analyzed with respect to their effect on the system or vehicle. How this tool can be used to identify safety risk for ISO 26262
- Provide a hands-on approach to the DFMEA with MSR process and their relationship to ISO 26262 deliverables.
- Chapter 1: APQP and ISO 26262
- Chapter 2: Introduction to FMEA for Monitoring and Response (FMEA-MSR)
- Chapter 3: FMEA-MSR Preparation
- Breakout Exercise 1: Boundary Diagram
- Breakout Exercise 2: Structure Diagram
- Chapter 4: Developing the FMEA-MSR
- Breakout Exercise 3: Function Analysis
- Breakout Exercise 4: Failure Analysis
- Breakout Exercise 5: Risk Analysis
- Breakout Exercise 6: Optimization
- Chapter 5: Communicating the Risk
- Program Managers
- Product Mangers
- Functional Safety Manager
- Quality Managers
- Design Engineers
- APQP Team Members
Each participant will receive a seminar manual and a workbook including case study exercises.
Participants should possess a basic understanding of your organization and its processes.