APQP Manufacturing Process Development using PFMEA and PPAP
APQP Program Management and Manufacturing Process Development using PFMEA and PPAPAPQP
Course Duration: 3 Days - 8 Hours/day
This three-day seminar addresses, in a hands-on manner, the elements of APQP for planning and developing the manufacturing system and processes in preparation for a PPAP submission and product launch as well as the management of continual improvement. The five phases of APQP are discussed with a review of the key outputs for each phase. The seminar spans the entire process from planning and defining the program through process and product validation to PPAP and launch.
This course covers a universally applicable approach to manufacturing process development based on the linkages that exist among flow diagrams, Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Control Plans and PPAP. Also covered in this course is the development of effective work instructions linked to the Control Plan. Approaches discussed and employed are consistent with the guidelines in the APQP 2nd Edition, FMEA 4th Edition and PPAP 4th Edition reference manuals issued by FCA, Ford & GM.
· Understand the APQP Process
· Understand Program Management of the APQP Process
· Demonstrate an ability to properly and effectively complete all items in the PFMEA process.
o Demonstrate an ability to properly construct a Process Flow Diagram.
o Identify steps, requirements, failure modes, causes and controls and properly enter the information in a PFMEA.
· Explain the relationship among a Process Flow Diagram, PFMEA and Control Plan.
· Identify special characteristics in manufacturing process design.
· Explain how to prioritize continual improvements with a focus on the use of Sev, Sev x Occ, and Sev x Occ x Det ratings.
· Explain the purpose of PPAP.
· Describe the PPAP submission process.
· List the PPAP submission levels and requirements.
· Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Overview
· The Five APQP Phases
· Program Management for APQP
· Introduction to Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
· Developing an FMEA
· Process FMEA Prerequisites
o Breakout Exercise: Process Flow Diagram
· Developing the Process FMEA
o Breakout Exercise: Starting the PFMEA Form
o Breakout Exercise: Potential Causes
o Breakout Exercise: Process Controls
o Breakout Exercise: Effects, Severity and Action Plans
· Control Plan
o Breakout Exercise: Creating a Control Plan
· Work Instruction Development
· Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
Who Should Attend
This seminar is designed for Manufacturing/Process Engineers, Production personnel, Product Design/Development Engineers, Quality Managers, Quality Engineers, Program Managers, Project Team Leaders and other APQP team members. (Purchasing, Logistics, Tool Designers, Materials Management, Shop floor supervisors and/or team leaders, etc.)
Each participant will receive extensive course material.