Manufacturing Process Development using PFMEA (Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plan, Part and Process Approval)
Manufacturing Process Development using PFMEA (Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plan, Part & Process Approval)
Register for courses 30 days in advance and get 5% off this priceNote:Pricing is dependent on location and may vary.
Course Duration: 2 Days - 8 Hours/day
This two-day seminar addresses, in a hands-on manner, the elements of APQP for planning and developing the manufacturing system and processes in preparation for a product launch as well as the management of continual improvement. The seminar spans the entire process from planning and defining the program through process and product validation to launch.
This course covers a universally applicable approach to manufacturing process development based on the linkages that exist among flow diagrams, Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis and Control Plans. Also covered in this course is the development of effective work instructions linked to the Control Plan. Approaches discussed and employed are consistent with the guidelines in the APQP 2nd Edition and FMEA 4th Edition reference manuals issued by FCA, Ford & GM.
- Demonstrate an ability to properly and effectively complete all items in the PFMEA process.
- Demonstrate an ability to properly construct a Process Flow Diagram.
- Identify steps, requirements, failure modes, causes and controls and properly enter the information in a PFMEA.
- Explain the relationship among a Process Flow Diagram, PFMEA and Control Plan.
- Identify special characteristics in manufacturing process design.
- Explain how to prioritize continual improvements with a focus on the use of Sev, Sev x Occ, and Sev x Occ x Det ratings.
- Setting the Stage: APQP Overview
- Introduction to Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Developing an FMEA
- Process FMEA Prerequisites
- Breakout Exercise: Process Flow Diagram
- Developing the Process FMEA
- Breakout Exercise: Starting the PFMEA Form
- Breakout Exercise: Potential Causes
- Breakout Exercise: Process Controls
- Breakout Exercise: Effects, Severity and Action Plans
- Control Plan
- Breakout Exercise: Creating a Control Plan
- Work Instruction Development
This seminar is designed for Manufacturing/Process Engineers, Production personnel, Product Design/Development Engineers, Quality Managers, Quality Engineers, Program Managers, Project Team Leaders and other APQP team members. (Purchasing, Logistics, Tool Designers, Materials Management, Shop floor supervisors and/or team leaders, etc.)
Each participant will receive extensive course material.