IATF 16949:2016 Supplier Auditor Training
IATF 16949:2016 Second Party (Supplier Auditor) Training for Automotive Quality Management Systems - Virtual Training
Register for courses 60 days in advance and get 10% off this price.
Register for courses 30 days in advance and get 5% off this priceNote:Pricing is dependent on location and may vary.
Course Duration: 5 Days
Although the ISO 9001 requirements have been removed from IATF 16949:2016 Automotive Quality Management System requirements and are published as a separate ISO standard, IATF 16949 is not a stand-alone standard and must be used in conjunction with ISO 9001, so Omnex is continuing to offer courses that cover both the ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 requirements.
Omnex is an Exemplar Global Certified TPECS provider for Exemplar Global QM and AU Competency Units. This five-day course has been developed to satisfy the Exemplar Global QM and AU Examination Profiles and, as such, all attendees who successfully pass the exams during this course will achieve a Certificate of Attainment for the following competency units:
- Exemplar Global QM
- Exemplar Global AU
This five-day course was developed to cover all requirements of both the ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 standards for Second Party Auditors. Due to the new IATF 16949 requirements for Second Party Auditors (clauses 7.2.3 and 7.2.4) regarding Core Tools and Customer-Specific Requirements, this course has been expanded to a fourth day. Group exercises and case studies with automotive industry examples will be used to develop the required auditing skills. The auditing guidelines of ISO 19011—including the auditing process and methodologies, e.g., planning and conducting an audit, writing nonconformity statements, preparing an audit summary and report, and verifying corrective actions—and their application in the automotive process approach are also covered. Additionally, auditing case studies from the automotive industry will be used to develop skills for identifying nonconformities. Second Party Auditors have an additional competency that coaches auditors on conducting a shop floor manufacturing audit using Process Flows, PFMEAs, Control Plans, Inspection Sheets, SPC and MSA. This competency is covered on the fifth day of this Supplier Auditor Training. Finally, a comprehensive “Process Review” audit is covered as part of the competencies for the Second Party auditor.
- Understand the application of quality management principles in the context of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016.
- Relate the quality management system to the organizational products, services, activities and operational processes.
- Relate organization’s context and interested party needs and expectations to the planning and implementation of an organization’s quality management system.
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures and techniques of auditing.
- Understand the conduct of an effective audit in the context of the auditee’s organizational situation.
- Understand the application of the regulations, and other considerations that are relevant to the management system, and the conduct of the audit.
- Practice personal attributes necessary for the effective and efficient conduct of a management system audit.
- Understand the purpose and applicable uses of the core tools
- Link the core tools to IATF 16949:2016 requirements
- Explain the importance of Customer-Specific Requirements
- Understand how to conduct Process Flow, FMEA, Control Plans and Process Review audits at a supplier site
Note, the competencies for auditing will be conducted from a Second Party perspective.
- Introduction and Welcome
- The ISO and IATF Standards Explained
- Introduction to ISO 9001 and IATF 16949
- ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 Requirements
- Group Exercise: Context of the Organization
- Group Exercise: Interested Parties
- Group Exercise: Audit Scenarios
- ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 Requirements (cont’d)
- Group Exercises: Audit Scenarios (cont’d)
- Independent QMS Written Exercise
- Introduction to Turtle Diagrams and Audit Trails
- Management of Audit Programs
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Breakout Exercise 1: Writing an Objective and Scope Statement
- Breakout Exercise 2: Documentation Review
- Breakout Exercise 3: Creating an Audit Plan
- Performing the Audit
- Breakout Exercise 4: Performing an Audit
- Conducting a Process Approach Audit
- Conducting an Audit of Risk Planning (6.1)
- Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Breakout Exercise 5: Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Closing Meeting
- Completing the Audit Report
- Corrective Action and Closeout
- Linking Automotive Core Tools to IATF 16949
- Customer-Specific Requirements
- Management Systems Auditing Written Exercise
- CSR/Core Tools Examination
- Understanding the Manufacturing Process – Drawing, Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plan, SPC, and MSA
- Walking through a Case Study
- Conducting a Process Review
This seminar is primarily designed for second party auditor candidates, but can also be valuable for all others who would like to develop competency in IATF 16949:2016 and the auditing process for second party auditing.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual and a breakout workbook that includes auditing case studies.
An understanding of both ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 requirements and/or work experience in applying IATF 16949:2016 is recommended.