Understanding the Requirements of IATF 16949:2016
Understanding the Requirements of IATF 16949:2016 for Automotive Quality Management Systems
Register for courses 30 days in advance and get 5% off this priceNote:Pricing is dependent on location and may vary.
Course Duration: 2 Days - 8 Hours/day
The new Automotive Quality Management System requirements have been rebranded as IATF 16949:2016 (formerly ISO/TS 16949:2009). Although the ISO 9001 requirements have been removed from IATF 16949 and are published as a separate ISO standard, IATF 16949 is not a stand-alone standard and must be used in conjunction with ISO 9001, so Omnex is continuing to offer courses that cover both the ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 requirements.
Omnex is an Exemplar Global Certified TPECS provider for Exemplar Global QM Competency Units. This 1.5-day IATF 16949 requirements course has been developed to satisfy the Exemplar Global QM Examination Profile and, as such, all attendees who successfully pass the exams during this course will achieve a Certificate of Attainment for the following competency units:
- Exemplar Global QM
This course was developed to cover all requirements of both the ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 standards. Group exercises and case studies with examples from the automotive industry will be used to develop the required skills.
- Understand the application of quality management principles in the context of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949.
- Relate the quality management system to the organizational products, services, activities and operational processes.
- Relate organization’s context and interested party needs and expectations to the planning and implementation of an organization’s quality management system.
- Introduction and Welcome
- The ISO and IATF Standards Explained
- Introduction to ISO 9001 and IATF 16949
- ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 Requirements
- Group Exercise: Context of the Organization
- Group Exercise: Interested Parties
- Group Exercise: Audit Scenarios
- ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 Requirements (cont’d)
- Group Exercises: Audit Scenarios (cont’d)
- Independent QMS Written Exercise
This seminar is designed for Quality Assurance Managers, IATF 16949 Implementation and/or Transition Team Members, and Management Representatives.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual.
A general understanding of quality management systems and both ISO 9001and IATF 16949 is recommended.