Problem Solving – Employing the 8D Methodology
Problem Solving – Employing the 8D Methodology - Virtual Training
Register for courses 60 days in advance and get 10% off this price.
Register for courses 30 days in advance and get 5% off this priceNote:Pricing is dependent on location and may vary.
Course Duration: 2 Days
This two day seminar covers all phases of the team approach to identifying and solving problems, based on the eight-discipline methodology. The Global 8D Process is taught using a real life case study.
- Demonstrate an ability to complete all sections of an 8D report
- Explain the relationship of all the different entries on an 8D
- Evaluate an existing 8D to determine its effectiveness
- Demonstrate the linkage between 8D and FMEA
- Problem Solving Overview
- D1: Form Team
- D2: Describe the Problem
- Breakout Exercise: Problem Identification and Containment
- D3: Contain Symptoms – Implement and Verify Interim Actions
- Breakout Exercise: Interim Containment Actions
- D4: Find and Verify Root Causess
- Breakout Exercise: Root Cause Analysis
- D5: Select Permanent Corrective Actions
- Breakout Exercise: Corrective Actions
- Decision Making
- Breakout Exercise: Decision Making Exercise
- D6: Implement Permanent Corrective Actions
- Breakout Exercise: Implementing and Validating the PCA
- D7: Prevent System Problems
- D8: Closure and Team Congratulation
- Breakout Exercise: Preventive Action and Close-Out
This seminar is designed for individuals and teams who are responsible for identifying, solving and eliminating problems that hinder quality, productivity and Customer Satisfaction.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual, including a complete package of problem solving worksheets and checklists for each step of the process, as well as all team exercise materials.
Participants should possess the ability and/or desire to work with small groups of people in a cooperative and productive manner to achieve planned objectives.