Understanding Core Tools APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plans, SPC and MSA : AIAG FMEA 4th Edition Methodology
Understanding Core Tools (APQP/PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plans, SPC and MSA) Following the AIAG FMEA 4th Edition Methodology
Register for courses 30 days in advance and get 5% off this priceNote:Pricing is dependent on location and may vary.
Course Duration: 5 Days - 8 Hours/day
Collectively, this five-day series of seminars are intended to provide a basic understanding of the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Core Tools and their use in New Product Development to ensure a successful launch and capable serial production. These Core Tools play a significant role in the planning, development, and launch of new products and processes.
These Core Tools include the following:
- The five phases of APQP itself
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and Control Plans
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
Please note, only DFMEA or PFMEA can be taken in a single, one-week session. These courses will cover the AIAG FMEA 4th Edition methodology.
- Understand the five phases of APQP for New Product Development and its relationship to program management and the knowledge and skills needed to participate in an APQP team
- Understand the PPAP protocol, elements, deliverables, and submission/approval process
- Understand how to achieve robust and comprehensive process control, process standardization, and process improvement using Process Flow Diagrams, PFMEA, and Process Control Plans
- Understand the use of SPC to monitor and measure variation in manufacturing processes ad to identify and the correct problem where they arise
- Understand MSA and the statistical tests employed to determine measurement variation and measurement uncertainty for the effective management of measurement systems
- Day 1: APQP and PPAP
- Days 2 and 3: PFMEA
- Day 4: SPC
- Day 5: MSA
This seminar is designed for Internal Auditors, Management Representatives, ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 Implementation Teams, and others who would like to develop judgment and decision-making in ISO 9001, IATF 16949, and to learn how to effectively audit the New Product Development activities.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual. All concepts will be introduced using examples. Group exercises will make use of an example product and process.
Participants should possess a working knowledge of, as well as some experience in ISO-based quality management systems, as well as a firm understanding of basic quality tools.