AS9100D Internal Auditor Training for Aviation, Space and Defense organizations (AQMS)
AS9100D Internal Auditor Training for Aerospace Quality Management Systems (AQMS)
Register for courses 30 days in advance and get 5% off this priceNote:Pricing is dependent on location and may vary.
Course Duration: 3 Days - 8 Hours/day
Omnex is an Exemplar Global Certified TPECS provider for Exemplar Global-QM, Exemplar Global-AU and Exemplar Global-TL Competency Units. This seminar fully covers the ISO 9001 requirements in addition to the requirements of AS9100D, which is the quality management standard for Aviation, Space and Defense organizations. Other topics include audit systems, the auditing process and audit instruments; the documentation process, conducting an audit, writing the audit report, and taking corrective action. Auditing case studies to develop skills for identifying nonconformities will be used. This is a 3 day class with exams on the 4th day.
Aerospace Process Approach Auditing has three main components – Process Auditing, Customer Focus and Leadership Auditing – each of which must follow the requirements laid out in AS9101F. This course will give instruction and guidance on conducting the Process Audit using the PEAR form and Turtle Diagrams, as well as other requirements specific to AS9101F.
Attendees who successfully pass the exams during this course will achieve a Certificate of Attainment for the following competency units:
- Exemplar Global-QM
- Exemplar Global-AU
Note: The QM competency unit can only be used for ISO 9001 auditor certification. There is an additional AS9100D e-Learning module offered through IAQG which also must be completed to become an IAQG-certified aerospace auditor.
*FOR PUBLIC TRAINING ONLY - The requirements portion of this training is conducted online prior to the in-classroom or virtual course. The seated or virtual classroom portion of the class will begin on Tuesday morning with a review and testing. The Monday of that training week will be offline and for finishing the e-learning or contacting the instructor with questions. The auditor portions (AU and TL) will continue as appropriate according to the dates scheduled.
- Understand the application of Quality Management Principles in the context of ISO 9001 and/or AS9100D.
- Relate the quality management system to the organizational products, including services, and operational processes.
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures and techniques of auditing.
- Understand the conduct of an effective audit in the context of the auditee’s organizational situation.
- Understand the application of the regulations, and other considerations that are relevant to the management system, and the conduct of the audit.
- Practice personal attributes necessary for the effective and efficient conduct of a management system audit.
- Introduction and Welcome
- The ISO 9000 & AS9100 Family of Standards Explained
- Introduction to ISO 9001 and AS9100D
- ISO 9001 and AS9101F Requirements
- Group Exercise 1: Context of the Organization & Interested Parties
- ISO 9001 and AS9101F Requirements (cont’d)
- Group Exercise 2: Audit Scenarios Clauses 4-6
- Group Exercise 3: Audit Scenarios Clauses 7-8
- Group Exercise 4: Audit Scenarios Clauses 9-10
- Introduction to Turtle Diagrams and Audit Trails
- Management of Audit Programs
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Breakout Exercise 1: Scope and Objectives
- Breakout Exercise 2: Documentation Review
- Breakout Exercise 3: Creating an Audit Plan
- Performing the Audit
- Breakout Exercise 4: Performing an Audit
- Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Breakout Exercise 5: Writing Nonconformities
- Closing Meeting
- Completing the Audit Report
- Corrective Action and Closeout
This seminar is designed for Management Representatives, AS9100D Implementation Teams, Internal Auditors and others who would like to develop judgment and decision-making in AS9100D and learn the auditing process for first, second, and third party auditors.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual and a breakout workbook that includes auditing case studies.
An extensive understanding of the AS9100D requirements and/or work experience in applying AS9100D is recommended.