ISO 14001:2015 Lead Auditor for Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
ISO 14001:2015 Lead Auditor Training for Environmental Management Systems
Course Duration: 5 Days - 8 Hours/day
Omnex is an Exemplar Global Certified TPECS provider for Exemplar Global EM, AU and TL Competency Units. This five-day course has been developed to satisfy the Exemplar Global EM, AU and TL Examination Profiles and, as such, all attendees who successfully pass the exams during this course will achieve a Certificate of Attainment for the following competency units:
- Exemplar Global-EM
- Exemplar Global-AU
- Exemplar Global-TL
*FOR PUBLIC TRAINING ONLY - The requirements portion of this training is conducted online prior to the in-classroom or virtual course. The seated or virtual classroom portion of the class will begin on Tuesday morning with a review and testing. The Monday of that training week will be offline and for finishing the e-learning or contacting the instructor with questions. The auditor portions (AU and TL) will continue as appropriate according to the dates scheduled.
This course was developed to cover all requirements of the ISO 14001:2015 standard. Group exercises and case studies will be used to develop the required skills. Other topics covered are from ISO 19011 and include the auditing process and methodologies, e. g. planning and conducting an audit, writing nonconformity statements, preparing an audit summary and report, and verifying corrective actions. Auditing case studies to develop skills for identifying nonconformities will be used. Techniques for leading audit teams will also be discussed.
Note: Successful completion of this course will fulfill the training requirement necessary for all Exemplar Global certified TPECS auditors to meet the knowledge requirements of the new ISO 14001:2015 standard.
- Understand the application of environmental management principles in the context of ISO 14001:2015.
- Relate the environmental management system to the organizational products, services, activities and operational processes.
- Relate organization’s context and interested party needs and expectations to the planning and implementation of an organization’s environmental management system.
- Assess the risk of significant environmental impacts and activities identified in the context of the organization's EMS management system.
- Assess the effectiveness of methodologies to control environmental hazards.
- Assess the EMS roles and responsibilities within the context of the organizational environment.
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of the EMS.
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures and techniques of auditing.
- Understand the conduct of an effective audit in the context of the auditee’s organizational situation.
- Understand the application of the regulations, and other considerations that are relevant to the management system, and the conduct of the audit.
- Practice personal attributes necessary for the effective and efficient conduct of a management system audit.
- Establish, plan and task the activities of an audit team.
- Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client.
- Organize and direct audit team members.
- Prevent and resolve conflict with the auditee and/or within the audit team.
- Prepare and complete the audit report.
- Introduction and Welcome
- The Principles of ISO 14001
- The Need for ISO 14001 and the Family of Standards
- ISO 14001:2015 Requirements
- Group Exercise: Context of the Organization
- Group Exercise: Interested Parties
- Group Exercise: Audit Scenarios
- ISO 14001:2015 Requirements (cont’d)
- Group Exercises: Audit Scenarios (cont’d)
- Compliance Obligations and World Environmental Situation
- Independent EMS Written Exercise
- Introduction to Turtle Diagrams and Audit Trails
- Management of Audit Programs
- Audit Planning and Preparation
- Breakout Exercise 1: Writing an Objective and Scope Statement
- Breakout Exercise 2: Documentation Review
- Breakout Exercise 3: Creating an Audit Plan
- Performing the Audit
- Breakout Exercise 4: Performing an Audit
- Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Breakout Exercise 5: Writing Nonconformity Statements
- Closing Meeting
- Completing the Audit Report
- Corrective Action and Closeout
- Management Systems Auditing Written Exercise
- Leading Audit Teams
- Management System Certification Scheme and Auditor Qualifications
- Leading Management Systems Audit Teams Written Exercise
- Review of Audit Process and Audit Management Strategies
- Leading Management Systems Audit Teams Mock Audit Case Study
- Practical Application of Audit Principles and Instructor Interviews
Who Should Attend
This seminar is primarily designed for internal or third party auditor candidates, but can also be valuable for Environmental Compliance Managers, ISO 14001:2015 Implementation and/or Transition Team Members, Management Representatives, and all others who would like to develop competency in ISO 14001:2015 and the auditing process for first, second and third party auditing.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual and a breakout workbook that includes auditing case studies.
An understanding of the ISO 14001:2015 requirements and/or work experience in applying ISO 14001:2015 is recommended.