Understanding VDA 6.3 Process Audits
Understanding VDA 6.3 Process Audits - Virtual Training
Register for courses 60 days in advance and get 10% off this price.
Register for courses 30 days in advance and get 5% off this priceNote:Pricing is dependent on location and may vary.
Course Duration: 2 Days
Omnex is not presently a VDA licensee. If the VDA auditor “card” is required by a customer for their suppliers’ auditors, attendees should confirm with a licensed provider if they can take the official exam after this course. Omnex auditor certification is the technical equivalent of the VDA (6.3) training. Many customers do not require the VDA auditor credential.
This two-day course is designed to help you understand the content and intent of the process audit approach as defined in VDA 6.3. The scope of this process audit is the entire product (or service) development process including the post-launch phase in the automotive industry. VDA 6.3 is one of many documents produced by the VDA (Verband der Automobilindustrie), an interest group of German automobile manufacturers and component suppliers. It has been adopted by German automakers as a supplier requirement.
- Understand the requirements of VDA 6.3
- Complete a preliminary document review (for on-site classes)
- Prepare an implementation or “next steps” plan (for on-site classes)
- VDA Overview
- Chapter 1: Understanding Process Audits
- Chapter 2: Using the Questionnaire
- P2: Project Management
- Breakout Exercise 1: Open Questions
- Breakout Exercise 2: Auditing Project Management
- P3: Planning the Product and Process Development
- Breakout Exercise 3: Planning the Product and Process Development
- P4: Implementation of the Product and Process Development
- Breakout Exercise 4: Implementation of the Product and Process Development
- Review of Day One
- Chapter 2: Using the Questionnaire (cont’d)
- P5: Supplier Management
- Breakout Exercise 5: Supplier Management
- P6: Process Analysis Production
- P7: Customer Care, Customer Satisfaction, Service
- Breakout Exercise 6: Assessing the Requirements
- Chapter 3: Potential Analysis (P1)
- Assessing the Potential Analysis
- Breakout Exercise 7: Potential Supplier Audit
- Chapter 4: Assessing a Process Audit for Material Products
VDA Evaluation Matrix
Breakout Exercise 8: Evaluation Matrix
This seminar is designed for Quality Practitioners, Auditors, Implementation Team Members, Management Representatives, Manufacturing Managers, Project Planners and engineers with no prior knowledge of VDA 6.3. A separate 4-hour Overview class is available for executive management.
Each participant will receive a seminar manual and a workbook for use in class exercises, role plays and discussions.
At least two years of automotive experience in manufacturing, quality or related discipline is recommended.